ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROGRAMS
Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
SCACAP works with Duke Energy to provide weatherization/energy conservation and energy efficient appliances and services to Qualified Duke Energy customers. The funding provides qualified Duke Energy S.C. homeowners with energy-saving measures and health and safety improvements in their home.
The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) is designed to help income-qualified customers save money and reduce their bills, at no cost. This program helps customers who may not be served by existing state weatherization programs.
Funding for improvements include the following:
- Energy Star Refrigerator Replacement
- Heating and Cooling System Replacement
You may qualify for FREE weatherization assistance to help you save on your energy bill!
To be considered, mail a copy of the following for your household:
- SC ID or SC DL (clear photos)
- Copy of Duke Energy utility bill (must see the account number clearly)
- Social Security Card of everyone in the home
- Income information for everyone in the home, 18 years and older
- Emergency Contact, someone who lives outside of the home
- Manufacturer and color of your refrigerator
- Email address, telephone number
- Number of bedrooms and bathrooms in the home/dwelling
Once the above information is mailed and income is verified, your application will be forwarded to Duke Energy to determine if your home is eligible for a HVAC Unit or Energy Star Refrigerator Replacement.
Send the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org
I am retired, widowed and on a very tight budget.
This program was truly a blessing - I am so grateful!
My refrigerator stopped working and I couldn't afford one with my fixed income.
My fridge was replaced, my bills are lower and I'm HAPPY!
My home is over 50 years old. My outdated AC/Heating unit was
replaced and the attention to detail was far beyond my expectations!
It was raining the day that they came out to inspect my home.
They wore booties, didn't leave a mess, and made major improvements.
It's refreshing to have work done with integrity
when the norm seems to be an absence of it!